CHOCOLATE PUDDING



chocolate pudding
When my son asks for one of those chocolate pudding cups , I make this . This is hershey's chocolate pudding recipe. I have followed the recipe to the T.

INGREDIENTS
  1. 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  2. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  3. 3 Tbsp corn flour
  4. 1/4 tsp salt
  5. 2-1/4 cup milk(I have used whole milk)
  6. 2 Tbsp butter
  7. 1 tsp vanilla essence(optional , I don't use vanilla essence for recipes that call for atleast 1/4  cup of cocoa powder)
METHOD
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in a saucepan.





  • Gradually pour in the milk , while stirring the mixture.





  • Cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally , till the dry ingredients are completely dissolved in the liquid.


  • When the dry ingredients are completely dissolved and the saucepan becomes hot , increase the heat to medium high. Now stirring continuously , bring it to a boil and let it thicken.( about 2 minutes).Take it off  the stove.

  • Stir in butter.


  • Let it cool. I like to keep it a  water bath and cool it down within an hour , stirring occasionally to avoid a skin form on top.



  • When cool , pour it into  a bowl or individual bowls and keep it in the refrigerator to set.
  • I had some frozen raspberries.  Just crushed a few of them with my fingers and topped the pudding. let it chill for atleast 2 hours.


Comments

Popular Posts