പഴം പുഴങ്ങിതു - steamed kerala banana

steamed ripe plantain,pazham puzhangithu,kerala banana,steamed kerala plantain



Ethapzham puzhangiyathu(steamed kerala banana), is one of the first solid food introduced to babies. It's easily digestible , and also has protein. I didn't do my research on this , but I have been hearing these , right from childhood. And when I became a mother this and dried Kerala banana powder ,cooked into a porridge was the first food ,for my baby. As kids , ethapazham puzhangiyathu , with ghee and sprinkled with sugar was one of our breakfasts before going to school.


INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 ethapazham(kerala banana)
  2. 3 Tbsp water
  3. small pressure cooker


METHOD
  • Wash the banana. Cut the two stem parts. I have used a small cooker , so I cut the banana into half.
  • Put 2-3 slits on each haf
  • Pour the water , put the bananas in it , close the lid , put on the weight and cook for one whistle.







  • After the pressure releases naturally(about 5 minutes) , open the lid.
  • If there is water in the cooker , just turn on the stove and cook till the water evaporates.
        


  • Take it out into a plate. Discard the peel. Eat as is or rip open the middle using a spoon, put some ghee and sprinkle some sugar and enjoy it.


Comments

Popular Posts