GARAM MASALA

garam masala

Every family has different spice levels. So I came up with my own measurements for garam masala mix , keeping my mother's recipe as the base.

I individually powder almost all of the spices mentioned in the recipe and store it in different bottles. So making garam masala is a breeze for me , if the spice powders are already powdered.

INGREDIENTS

  1.  1 tsp clove powder
  2. 4 tsp cardamom powder
  3. 4 tsp cinnamon powder.

METHOD
  • Just put everything in a bottle, close with a cap and shake well.
  • Double or triple the amount.

NOTES

  • Basically the  clove powder determines the level of the spice. So I kept that to a minimum.


FANCY GARAM MASALA

I came with this when I put this in vegetable kuruma and it tuned out good. This is basically my meat masala mix.

INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 tsp cumin powder
  2. 3/4 tsp perumjeerakam powder(anise seed/shahjeera)
  3. 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
  4. 1/4 tsp clove powder
  5. 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
  6. 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
  7. 1/2 star anise seed powder
  8. 1/2 nutmeg powder or mace powder
  9. 1/2 tsp kasuri methi(optional , but gives a nice aroma to the masala)
METHOD
  • Just put everything in a bottle, close with a cap and shake well.
  • Double or triple the amount.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice method for massala powdering .
I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Garam Masala

Popular Posts