CHRISTMAS TREE SKIRT - on a budget



 The advantage of DIY is that you can stick to your budget , no matter what. I had wanted to make a tree skirt this year and wanted it to be simple and easy to make. This is what I got.
 What you need for a 48" tree skirt:
  1. at least 48 inches long cloth , any material of your choice. I have used satin cloth.
  2. Scissors
  3. measuring tape
  4. pen

Method.
  • Fold the cloth into a square , on the wrong side. I want a 48 inch tree skirt in diameter , so the square has to be atleast 24 inches in length. (My cloth was more than 48 inches )



  • Fold the square along the diagonal.




  • Measure 24 inches from the center along the diagonal. Mark  big dots with a pen from one edge to the other.






  • Now join the dots  with a pen or highlighter .




  • Now cut along the joined curve.


  • Open it back to the quarter circle form. Now we have to make a small inner circle in the center too. I already had an old tree skirt from dollar tree. I took that as the guide to cut out the inner circle.




  • Open the tree skirt to a full circle on the right side.




  • We are almost there!!!!. Now for an opening for the tree skirt , cut one side of the circle from the outer to the inner circle.

  • Tree skirt is ready. Iron the skirt on low heat to ease out any creases. Now wrap it around the tree. I put my old tree skirt below to give it a lift.



         















 

Comments

Popular Posts