EMBROIDERED BALLERINA-with ruffled lace tutu

embroidery, ballerina


I have been so obsessed with this ballerina cake topper , that I decided to embroider it and frame it in a hoop.


MATERIALS REQUIRED
  1. Embroidery hoop( 10 inch)
  2. Colorful cloth(I used my husband's shirt)
  3. Carbon paper(Graphite Transfer sheet)
  4. Pencil
  5. Embroidery thread and Needle
  6. Frilled lace
METHOD

  • For the printout of the ballerina picture, I got it from the internet. I have made a cutout of the ballerina picture on golden card stock paper and used it as a cake topper. I just changed the number(age) as the years went by.






  • I also embroidered this on my daughter's birthday top .

  • Stilled obsessed with it, I copied the picture on to a piece of cloth. Filled in the picture with chain stitch and stitched in frilled ribbon for the tutu and hairpin.

  • When done , frame it in an embroidery hoop. For instructions on framing in an embroidery hoop , see here. And there you have it a nice framed wall art.


Comments

Popular Posts