EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

eggless chocolate cake


I did not have a recipe for an eggless cake. But for birthday parties, at least one guest does not eat eggs. So out of necessity, I had to devise an eggless recipe. I dreaded the fact that despite all the recipes that I had, I had to start the hunt for an eggless recipe. Felt too lazy for that. I just tried skipping the egg in the Hershey's Perfectly chocolate cake, and voila! It worked. 
             The cake's moistness comes from using baking soda and baking powder. Come to think of it, if this much of a leavening agent is used, there is no need to use eggs at all. If I am using eggs in my cake, I might use the whipping power of the egg whites. This recipe with the said amount of leavening agents makes a great eggless recipe. And that's what I did. Having an eggless recipe on hand is suitable, especially for birthday parties; there will be at least one family who is pure vegetarian.
Now that I found an eggless chocolate cake, I need to work on an eggless vanilla cake. On it!!!
.INGREDIENTS
  1. 1 cup sugar
  2. 1 cup All purpose flour( to use whole wheat flour , see notes)
  3. 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp.  cocoa powder
  4. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  5. 3/4 tsp baking powder
  6. 3/4 tsp salt
  7. 1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  8. 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  9. 1 tsp vanilla essence
  10. 3/4 cup milk
  11. 1/2 cup boiling water

METHOD
  • Line an 8 " cake pan with parchment paper.
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F for 15 minutes,
  • Into the dry ingredients, add milk, lemon juice, and oil. Stir using a whisk or a cake mixer.



  • Add the hot water to the batter, and mix until combined. Refrain from mixing and stirring a lot. The batter will be runny, but that is ok. Pour this into the pan.



  • Keep the cake pan with the batter in the oven and bake in the 400-degree F pre-heat oven for 25 minutes. When a toothpick is inserted, it should come out with a few crumbs. 
  • Take out the pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert the cake and let cool completely.
                                         

  • Then slice and enjoy as is or frost the cake for a party. 



NOTES
  • To substitute All-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, I do this: for each 1 cup of all-purpose flour, substitute 1 cup minus 2 Tbsp whole flour.

Comments

Popular Posts