പഴം നെയ്യിലിട്ടത് - kerala banana sauteed in ghee and sugar


kerala banana sauteed in ghee and sugar

The aroma of this dish is enticing. My grandmother would always make this and so does my mother. But I could not pass my love for this dish to my kids. Maybe after my kids grow up, get married  and have kids of their own , I 'll get my grandkids to like this dish.



INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 ripe kerala banana(ethapazham)
  2. 1 tsp ghee
  3. 1/2 tsp sugar
  4. 2 tsp water


METHOD
  •  Slice the banana into cubes.
  • Heat an appa chatti on medium-high heat. When warm add the ghee , let the ghee become hot. Then add the bananas, sugar and water. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or longer until the desire caramelized color is obtained.





  •  A few of the slices should be slightly caramelized underneath. Turn off the stove. Let cool and serve.


     


Comments

Popular Posts