THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS



I have been using this same decoration for the past 4 years and I just love it. Whatever you buy whether it be a Christmas tree or anything else, think and plan what you are going to buy, because my policy is whatever you buy, its a keeper and should last lifelong(we had to replace the lights of the tree , but we got to keep the tree!!!). New attractive trees  and stylish decorations are in the stores and  I am tempted to buy those , but  putting out the same tree and decorations , gives way for a nice Christmas  family tradition.
Yes I know I need a tree skirt too. I plan to make  that sometime later.
This is how I did my Christmas tree decoration.


  • I love to wrap the tree with the red ribbon.


  • I use  red plastic paper clips to keep the ribbon intact.



  • To put the star topper, bend the topmost of the tree.






  • Now put the star and pull the spiral down until intact.






  • Now the star topper and the ribbon is done. Its time for the ornaments.Nothing fancy ,I like to hang golden,red silver ,sparkling balls.Alternating in color.I try to put all the balls at once and then day by day I make the changes until I am satisfied.


  • Hang the balls  on the tree such that the twine is not very obvious.



  • I try to rearrange it as an when I can . It take almost a week of rearranging and pondering and then again rearranging to make it the way I want.

  • Got a pine cone as an ornament.It looked nice on the tree among  the red and golden balls.




  •  OK so I am going to collect pine cones during the summer , paint the edges white and add glitter to it That's the project for next year..



  • I love everything cutwork. Took this table runner and displayed it on the foyer wall. Used small pieces of duck tape here and there and stick it on the wall.





  • This year had been a chalkboard season.I created my own using black poster paper. For Christmas I drew the nativity picture .I did it freehand ,didn't use any template.



  • On the wall display I added faith,love,hope wall stickers.


Its the age of Reuse, so I used shoe boxes for gifting . I didn't wrap the box with paper.wanted it simple and elegant.Had some doilies in hand.So this is what I did.Added a small star ornament along with the bow.



  • Wrapped the gift in a different way. Didn't bother wrapping the whole thing in wrapping paper.Had some leftover tulle and this is what I did.




























Comments

Popular Posts