DIY CHALKBOARD


Loved the idea of a diy chalkboard. So started hunting for a chalkboard. I wanted it to be lightweight,reusable and on a budget. So this is what I came up with.






  • Have you ever  had that feeling when an idea pops into your mind, a genuine one, you pat yourself on the back proudly, thinking that no one must have ever come up with such a simple one and then went on the internet just to double check and there it goes,.so many others have similar ideas. That was the feeling when the idea of buying a black poster paper to convert into a chalkboard came into my mind.


  • Anyway bought  a black poster paper, a white Ikea poster frame and white and colored chalks.

  • Hung up my DIY chalkboard on my gallery wall.I can change the messages as and when I like.The writings can be erased with a wet tissue paper just like a chalkboard.
  • I have used ordinary chalks. Its good to sharpen the tip like a pencil point with a blade . Writing is much easier when you do this.










  • I bought some more black poster papers and changed the messages and pictures according to the occasion, hung birthday messages and Christmas pictures so far. I drew the nativity picture  free hand.



  • Below the nativity picture , I stuck wall stickers of faith ,love and hope.

  • Another snowman theme , good for the winter season .

  • Another chalkboard lettering for my gallery wall( I didn't know this was the fancy word for the picture wall) . I like the wordings of this. This is pinterest inspired.



  • DIY chalkboard nametag with ingredients for potluck



Used the same black poster paper to cut out the shape of a name tag and wrote on it with a chalk writer pen (bought from daiso japan) , for a checkerboard cake , that I made for a potluck. Used a colorful straw and a paper clip covered with washi tape for the name tag holder.





NOTES

  • Why  a  picture frame???   Framing the poster paper keeps any chalk powder or flyaways intact , thus avoiding chalk dust.




Comments

Popular Posts