PIZZA DOSA

Kewpie Mayo, Dosa, Siracha Dosa

A few months ago, a friend sent me a video of the viral sushi bake, and that’s when I first discovered Kewpie mayonnaise and sriracha. I bought them, of course, with every intention of becoming a sushi-rolling expert—though, truth be told, I made sushi rolls only once or twice before the bottles took up permanent residence in my fridge. 

Soon, I found myself squeezing them on everything non-Indian. Pizza Dosa is our  Sunday night ritual, our go-to way to beat the Monday blues. And here’s our little secret: we skip the cheese when it’s just us adults.
INGREDIENTS 

  1. 100 gms. onions sliced 
  2. bell pepper, sliced, 50 gms.
  3. sliced mushrooms, 227 gms.( that's the weight of a box of sliced mushrooms available in stores)
  4. 1 tomato 
  5. Kewpie mayonnaise 
  6. siracha sauce 
  7. mozzarella cheese 
  8. 1/4 tsp salt
  9. 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
  10. 3 Tbsp. 
METHOD
  • Heat a pan over medium-high heat. When warm, add oil; when the oil is hot, add the sliced onions and mushrooms. Saute well, then add 2 Tbsp. water, cover, and cook till the water evaporates. Then add salt and Italian seasoning; stir well. Then add the bell pepper and tomato and saute. 
  •  Stir well; turn off the stove. 
  • Make crisp dosas, add cheese (if using), then layer with the sauteed veggies, then drizzle with Kewpie Mayonnaise and sriracha sauce. Fold and serve. I like the sriracha sauce to stand out. 
  • For a perfect finish, enjoy it with a cup of instant coffee like Bru or Nescafe.

Comments

Popular Posts