SALSA

salsa

I always wonder if the Malayalam word "Sallas",  was coined from Salsa. I make this every now and then. There is always salsa in my fridge. If you want a quick snack, add in some peanuts to this and have it.
 I had gestational diabetes for both my pregnancies. I was on a strict diet to control the sugar level My food intake was very well timed by mother. Even though I am past that now, I still like to eat salads as snacks. If you have fish fry, then this is a good salad to have it with.
Salsa tastes good with everything!


 INGREDIENTS

  1. 500 gms tomato, chopped 
  2. 100 gms onion, chopped
  3. 4 green chilis, seeds removed
  4. lemon juice to taste(add only after tasting the salsa, there is a substantial amount of tomatoes to render the sourness)
  5. salt to taste
  6. 1/4 cup chopped cilantro

METHOD
  • Prepare all ingredients and mix them together in a large glass/ceramic bowl.
  • Mix everything together and keep it aside at room temperature for the juices to blend in. After 30 minutes , taste and check for the right amount of salt and sourness. Add accordingly. Then refrigerate for atleast 2 hours before serving . 


                                       





  • Can refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts