GUACAMOLE - blog ready

                                        Guac, Guacamole, Avocado

Avocado is an acquired taste for me because I didn't grow up eating it. While exploring different breakfast options, I tried rajma tacos, which led me to start using avocados to make guacamole. Preparing guacamole for tacos introduced me to this fruit, and over time, I’ve come to enjoy its flavor. Now, I often make avocado toast using leftover guacamole.
One thing I’ve noticed is that I prefer adding a generous amount of lemon juice to my guacamole. I suspect I started doing this to mask the avocado's original taste, but now it’s become a signature part of my recipe.

INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 avocado, medium size(1 medium sized avocado is 156 gms. appr) after skinning it and deseeding it, it is 100gms. 
  2. 2 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
  3. 1 green chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
  4. 1 Tbsp. cilantro
  5. 1 Tbsp. lemon juice for each avocado
  6. salt to taste, start with 1/8 tsp.
METHOD
  • Scoop out the avocado. 
  • Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a fork. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can meld. 
NOTES
  • How to avoid guacamole from turning black: Tried the cling film method, but brown juices seep in wherever possible. 
  • Mixing the guac with salt and the rest of the ingredients except lemon juice, then dabbing it tightly and pouring lemon juice so it covers the top, worked really well. No blackening at all. 
  • I also noticed that if I mash the avocadoes with my hands, it does not blacken quickly. 
MISTAKES 
  • I accidentally baked the avocados. I left the avocados to ripen in the oven, forgot about them, and turned on the oven. Anyways, I had to make the guacamole with the baked avocados. As I cut the avocados, I saw that the oil was clearly visible. The guac tasted a little different with the baked avocados. But it was ok. 

Comments

Popular Posts